ABOUT FACES AND BRACES
is excited to offer Invisalign® clear aligners, the increasingly popular alternative to traditional metal braces. Revolutionizing the industry, Invisalign® clear aligners offer an expedient and invisible orthodontic treatment with less discomfort than ever before.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign in an alternative orthodontic treatment that allows patients to straighten their teeth with minimal discomfort or lifestyle change, in a shortened time frame. Also, as the name implies, Invisalign clear aligners are made of almost invisible polyurethane plastic. Rather than being cemented or bonded to the teeth as metal or clear braces are, clear aligners are completely removable — for important social occasions, for eating, and, most importantly, for tooth-brushing and flossing. This advantage can also be a disadvantage: It means you must resist the temptation to take your aligners out more than is advised. Here are some other advantages of the Invisalign system:
- Improved Oral Hygiene — With an orthodontic appliance that is removable, you will be able to brush and floss your teeth with much more ease as opposed to wearing metal braces.
- A Discreet Look — If you consider your orthodontic treatment to be a private matter, or simply feel that metal braces don't fit with your self-image, a practically invisible form of orthodontic treatment might suit you.
- More Dietary Choices — To protect metal wires and braces, some diet modifications are necessary. With clear aligners, you can still drink soda, bite into an apple, or consume sticky candies.
- Comfort — The soft, flexible material of which Invisalign is made will not irritate the soft tissues of the mouth, as metal wires and braces can.
- Teeth-Grinding Protection — If you have a teeth grinding or clenching habit, clear aligners can function as thin night-guards that will protect your teeth from excessive wear.
So How Does It Work?