At ABOUT FACES AND BRACES, our doctors want to make sure that we are tackling orthodontic problems before they develop into more severe conditions. Adolescence is the optimal time for orthodontic treatment for a number of reasons –
- Between the ages of 11-13, most children have lost all of their “baby” teeth, and their permanent teeth have fully emerged.
- Malocclusions with the permanent set of teeth become apparent at this time.
- Orthodontic problems only get worse with age, so it is best to treat them early.
- Most patients will be growing during this time in their lives and there are numerous orthodontic problems that are much easier to correct while the patient is growing.
- Because the adolescent years are a common time to receive orthodontic treatment, it is much easier, socially speaking, to receive treatment during these ages, as opposed to later on as an adult.
There are several treatment options for adolescents, including traditional metal braces, ceramic braces and Invisalign Teen
. The doctors will discuss all options at your initial consultation. Please contact us today to schedule your free consultation.